WWF-Philippines encourages energy and waste-saving measures to reduce impact on the environment. Reduction, re-use and recycling are the key to our working practices – make them yours, too.
Getting to Work
- Use public transport, cycle or walk rather than using a car.
- Carpool with colleagues who live near you or on your route.
- If your company has an established environmental policy, consider applying for formal accreditation to an environmental management standard.
- Find out whether your place of work uses "green" or renewable energy. If not, encourage it to change.
- Switch off lights in meeting rooms and turn off computers and electrical appliances when they are not being used.
- Find out whether your company uses recycled paper, and if not, encourage it to change.
- Encourage your company to invest ethically, but ensure that professional advice is taken first.
- Set your airconditioning units at 25-26°C and back it up with electric fans.
- Make sure all office doors are closed to avoid cold air escaping.
- Print on both sides of the paper.
- Use e-mail where appropriate, rather than faxing or writing.
- Re-use envelopes
- Recycle paper after use.