Emissions from transport are the fastest growing contributor to climate change. By the year 2025 the number of cars on the roads is expected to double – reaching 40 million
- Walk, cycle or use public transport rather than a car whenever possible
- Car share whenever possible, especially for daily journeys such as going to work and school runs.
- Drive smoothly and in the highest gear possible to reduce exhaust emissions.
- Ensure your tires are inflated to the correct pressure – this can save up to 5% on your fuel bill.
- Turn off the engine if you are going to be stationary for more than two minutes.
- Drive off as soon as you start the engine – leaving it warming up on the drive creates pollution and mechanical wear.
- Don't carry unnecessary loads – extra weight adds to your fuel consumption.